Proper car care extends the life of the car. Car maintenance reduces the number of car repairs drastically. Everyone wants to reduce expenses. Regular car maintenance will help you avoid costly repairs. There are several types of car maintenance.
There is the regular maintenance that happens fairly regularly. Oil changes are needed frequently on your car. Rotating your tires saves lots of money on tires. Also have your battery checked about every six months.
Yearly maintenance obviously is done annually. Check your brakes and get your filters replaced. This helps you get better gas mileage. The transmission needs to be serviced too.
Long-term maintenance used to be referred as tune-ups. Brake fluid and coolant should be flushed. Change spark plugs too. Every 30,000 miles your car needs to be serviced with long-term maintenance.
Here is a list of when maintenance should be done on your car –
Car Maintenance Checklist
3,000 miles or 3 months
7,500 miles or 6 months
15,000 miles or 12 months
- Check the Battery
- Rotate and Balance Tires
- Oil Change May be Due Again
30,000 miles or 24 months
- Change Filters: transmission, air, fuel, carbon canister
- Change PCV and breather element
- Flush Transmission
- Service Brakes
- May Be Due for an Oil Change, Battery Check, and Tire Rotation/Balance
- Flush and replace coolant and brake fluid
- Change distributor cap, wires, and rotor
- Change spark plugs
- Change differential or transfer case fluid
- Plus Everything on 12 Month List
- Flush and Replace Power Steering Fluid
- Change Timing Belt
- Yearly Duties May Be Due As Well
Contact Longview Radiator to schedule your maintenance today.